We all know that cats can be such drama queens sometimes, and it is hilarious. The overreacting cats do is so amusing because it doesn’t really fit with their otherwise aristocratic and confident stature.
Let’s face it, life would be boring without cats and their shenanigans and emotional reactions to, well, almost everything. Cats are not afraid to show when they don’t like something – and there are many things a kitty doesn’t like.
That is why there is an endless supply of cats overreacting photos on the Internet. We have selected some of the funniest cats being as dramatic as pawsible, and we know you are going to enjoy these cats as much as we did.
Rachel Geller, a cat behavior specialist, explained that “cats are highly reactive to stress, even to situations that may seem minor to us.”
They look overdramatic to us because they use their bodies to communicate their message. “For example, a scared cat may puff out his tail. To us, this may seem dramatic, but from the cat’s point of view, this is practical.”
If a feline is afraid of an invader or an unfamiliar situation, “the puffed-up tail makes him appear bigger than he really is,” the cat behaviorist explained.
2. “Am I A Joke To You, Karen?”
3. “I Was A Little Late Serving Breakfast”
4. “Noodle Has Seen Too Much”
5. “He Heard Me Sneeze For The First Time”
6. Faking an insurance claim…
7. Took My Boy To The Vet. This Is How He Felt About It”
8. “Feeding Time Was An Hour Ago, Jessica”
9. “My Sister Took Her Cat For A Walk Last Fall. We Still Don’t Know If He Was Enjoying Himself”
10. “Marvel The Cat Reacts At 2020”
11. “Get Away From Me…”
12. “Tried To Get A Pic Of The Daily Garden Haul But It Was Also Her Dinner Time”
13. “Me: Maddy Is Home From Her Vacation. Dotty The Cat: I’m Dead”
14. What was that?
15. “Trying To Teach My Daughter To Hold The Cat Properly And Captured This Gem”
16. “Taken From My Parents’ Kitchen Window. They Don’t Have Any Cats”
17. “Felt Like I Was Interrupting A Cat Drug Deal Today”
18. “He’s Very Concerned About Who Will Feed Him If I Drown In The Bath”
19. “I Shooed Him Off My Lap And He Gonna Be A Little B***h About It”
21. “Shia Caught By A Shark”
22. “I Think My Cat Took It Personally”
23. “Demands To Get Into Car. Proceeds To Be Shocked She Is In The Car”
25. “She’s Been Screaming At These Water Droplets For 3 Minutes. Get Out Of The Shower You Tiny Moron”
26. “Our Cat Was Forgotten Outside. She Activated Our Video Doorbell To Come In”
27. “Met This Guy In Amsterdam”
Rachel also noted that from a human point of view, cats could look dramatic because of their “big, expressive eyes.”
Most often, people tend to look at their four-legged companions from their perspective. Hence, we tend to misread them.
“We think a cat rolling around on the floor is being dramatic and trying to tell us something, whereas that cat is merely getting a good stretch for her flexible body,” Rachel explained.
29. “My Cat Always Looks Like He Has Anxiety. Yes, He Always Looks Like This”
30. “Every Morning, Simba’s Allowed To Tan On The Balcony. But When It’s Time To Go Back Inside, He Screams”
31. I want in!
33. “Just A Typical Bath Time With Kiwi”
34. “She Got Spooked”
35. “Melvin Demanded A Walk. Then This Happened. I Had To Carry Him Home. (He’s Fine, He’s Just A Drama Queen)”
36. “Meet Katsu: A Dramatic And Needy Boi Screaming For His Hooman”
37. “My Buddy Dressed Up As His Cat For Halloween. Look At The Cats Face”
38. “Upstairs Neighbors Are Loud. We Were Startled Together”
39. “Henrietta Would Like Your Support In Declaring War. She’s Not Sure What She’s Against, But She’s Sure It’s Important”
40. “I Accidentally Turned On The News And My Cats Reaction Says It All”
41. Stuck in a bad place
42. “My Brother’s Cat’s Reaction To New Furniture”
43. “Our Persian Cat Staring At Our New Pup”
44. “I Know How You Feel, Rosco, I Know How You Feel”
45. I got the chair! Ha!
46. I am pregnant?
47. “I’m Extremely Blessed To Have My Own Tiny Lifeguard. Except, Instead Of Using A Whistle Or Attempting To Save Me – He Screams At Me In Terror. The Entire Time”
48. “This Is Fridge. She Would Like To File A Formal Complaint With The Staff About Feeding Schedules”
Rachel also said that we need to pay attention to what cats are saying. “You can learn how to read his signals effectively and develop a better relationship with your cat.
People tend to respond to a high-pitched meow, much like we would to a crying baby, but your cat is not manipulating you.” She also explained that “manipulation, revenge, and spite are traits we humans can call our very own.”